I missed this when it came out, which is a shame because it is just a beautiful piece of video. A practically unbranded ad for the opening of Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford City, playfully documenting the evolution of dance, music and (more importantly) fashion from 13 Sept 1911 to 13 Sept 2011 (the date of opening). Just watch, enjoy and apologies for it being a month late:
Did anyone notice the branding? …No?
It blatantly starts and ends with the Westfield sign being partially in shot from a reverse angle. Who could miss that?
Shout outs go to The Viral Factory!
An intriguing statistical analysis spanning the history of World cups was brought to my attention today (I have not researched, I’m a busy man, so don’t blame me if it’s another Back to the Future day):
1. Brazil won the World Cup in 1994; before that they also won in 1970.Adding1970 + 1994= 3964
2. Argentina won its last World Cup in 1986; before that they also won in 1978. Adding 1978 + 1986= 3964
3. Germany won its last World Cup in 1990; before that they also won in 1974. Adding 1974 + 1990= 3964
4. Brazil also won the World Cup in 2002; before that they also won in 1962. Adding 1962+ 2002= 3964
5. Therefore if you want to know what nation is going to win the World Cup in 2010, you only have to subtract 2010 from the magic number that we have determined: 3964.3964 minus 2010 = 1954… In 1954 the World Cup was won by Germany!!!
According to these calculations, we (England) should be winning the world cup in… (just give me a moment to calculate…)
Well, here’s a visual version of this World class coincidence: